Re: Criteria for GCC 4.0

Steven Bosscher wrote:
Who would be in that other 90% if I may ask?  I believe you're blowing
this thing out of perspective.

Most of the projects on freshmeat.net (in other words, the bulk of free software), research scientists, engineers, in-house developers, independent consultants, people who compile their OS from source... the list goes on an on.

What's wrong with keeping these people, at the very least, informed? I don't see the kernel folk arguing that they don't need kerneltrap.org and a myriad other sites, even though none of the core developers need those resources.

--
Scott Robert Ladd