This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug 15718 dispute: showstopper or WONTFIX?
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at welsh-buck dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 29 May 2004 07:24:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bug 15718 dispute: showstopper or WONTFIX?
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <1085810773.13920.10.camel@felicity>
Joe Buck <email@example.com> writes:
| I don't want to get into a battle with RTH, who I have enormous
| respect for. But it appears to me that the idea of closing bug
| 15718 with WONTFIX is not an option.
| This bug apparently has the effect that some significant number
| of Fortran programs that use complex numbers (that is, pretty
| much any physics or electrical engineering code) are likely to
| hit the ICE. This is a new ICE, not in 3.3.3. Saying that we
The ICE is new, but the bug is an ABI bug that has been there,
awaiting to be discovered by some constructs. Basically
passing/returning complex numbers in registers was broken.