Inclusion of g95 in gcc

Hello,

I am involved in an effort to try to put a number of disparate code
developments, from all over Europe, onto a common basis.  To do this, we
ideally need to employ a common compiler suite and it seems to me that gcc
is absolutely ideal.

One question that has come up in discussion is that of the status of g95 and
the proposed extensions.  I seem to recall that g95 was to have been
included in gcc around about now.  I now see that gcc-3.5 is the target.  On
the other hand, I see an active developers mailing list, including a thread
on changing copyright notices from G95 to GCC....  BTW, I also noticed a
thread about the web pages and trying to obtain more visibility, thereby
increasing the developer/user base.  I think the last is spot on; it might
be a good idea to get that beta release into gcc as soon as possible in
order to accomplish it.

Perhaps I should be more specific and ask if target dates exist for:

1) the inclusion of the beta release in gcc
2) the inclusion of g95 in gcc and/or the release date of gcc-3.5
3) the inclusion of the fortran 2000 style extensions

Best regards

Paul Thomas

PS I gave G95 a whirl last summer; it already seemed to me to be in quite a
good state then. However, it was not quite there and, as you admit in
"things to do", the messages were terse or misleading.  Thus, it was not
quite at the point where I was prepared to change over to G95 - particularly
because my working code has various non-standardisms that the Intel and
Digital compilers accept without blinking.

PPS Keep up the good work!  I would contribute but my daytime work does not
permit the time and such out-of-hours time as I have is spent on helping out
with octave.