This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: tree-ssa/lno compute_may_aliases failure
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Dorit Naishlos <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:00:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: tree-ssa/lno compute_may_aliases failure
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <OF0B11B575.7A13426C-ONC2256E9A.0065E95A-C2256E9A.00669BAF@il.ibm.com>
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 14:40, Dorit Naishlos wrote:
> > IIRC PTA cannot be applied once we are in SSA form. That's why you see
> > it sequenced before pass_build_ssa (Dan, has that changed?).
> In that case, maybe I should instead postpone delete_pta pass to after the
> second invocation of compute_may_aliases? (PTA is a prerequisite for
> compute_may_alias pass).
No, it is not. Only if you are doing -fpoints-to=andersen. The
compute_may_alias pass will build flow-sensitive points-to information
using the SSA form.