Re: tree-ssa/lno compute_may_aliases failure

> > (PTA is a prerequisite for compute_may_alias pass).
> >
> No, it is not.  Only if you are doing -fpoints-to=andersen.  The
> compute_may_alias pass will build flow-sensitive points-to information
> using the SSA form.

So the PROP_pta here is wrong?:

struct tree_opt_pass pass_may_alias =
{
  "alias",                              /* name */
  NULL,                                 /* gate */
  compute_may_aliases,                  /* execute */
  NULL,                                 /* sub */
  NULL,                                 /* next */
  0,                                    /* static_pass_number */
  TV_TREE_MAY_ALIAS,                    /* tv_id */
  PROP_cfg | PROP_ssa | PROP_pta,       /* properties_required */
  0,                                    /* properties_provided */
  0,                                    /* properties_destroyed */
  0,                                    /* todo_flags_start */
  TODO_dump_func | TODO_rename_vars
    | TODO_ggc_collect | TODO_verify_ssa  /* todo_flags_finish */
};

dorit

                      Diego Novillo
                      <dnovillo@redhat.        To:       Dorit Naishlos/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                      com>                     cc:       "gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org>
                                               Subject:  Re: tree-ssa/lno compute_may_aliases failure
                      20/05/2004 22:00

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 14:40, Dorit Naishlos wrote:
> > IIRC PTA cannot be applied once we are in SSA form.  That's why you see
> > it sequenced before pass_build_ssa (Dan, has that changed?).
>
> In that case, maybe I should instead postpone delete_pta pass to after
the
> second invocation of compute_may_aliases? (PTA is a prerequisite for
> compute_may_alias pass).

No, it is not.  Only if you are doing -fpoints-to=andersen.  The
compute_may_alias pass will build flow-sensitive points-to information
using the SSA form.

Diego.