This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Control register spilling: Is it possible ?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: "Petar Penchev" <ptr at melexis dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 20 May 2004 11:22:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: Control register spilling: Is it possible ?
- References: <email@example.com>
"Petar Penchev" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> and the error message is related to the first alternative which
> defines move from memory to memory.
Wait a second. Why are you defining an alternative to move a value
from memory to memory? From your split, it doesn't seem like your
processor actually has such an instruction. If it doesn't, then you
should not have an alternative for it. gcc should figure out how to
move memory values without help.
You need a way to move a value from any register to any other register
for which HARD_REGNO_MODE_OK returns true, and you need a way to move
such values between stack slots and registers. But you don't need a
way to move data from memory to memory.