This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:28:15AM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote: > On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 02:23:48PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote: > > | > > | As for the patch itself, the ABI changes involved here are for truly > > | obscure cases. > > > > As I explained in another message, I was going *not* to approve the > > patch no matter what you decide for 3.4.x. Then I *did look* at the > > actual PRs. > > > > | I thought aobut the situation quite a bit before > > | approving the patch, and decided that it was probably better to fix > > | this problem soon, so that 3.4.1 would be compatible with 3.5.x, even > > > > That is what I thought we're going to do, given the actual PRs, your > > past experience with ABI testing, debates and late take for GCC. > > > > I can add a new switch to 3.3 and 3.4. By default, gcc will issue > an error message and abort when it is about to generate the wrong > code. The new switch will allows user to either generate the wrong > code on purpose or generate the right one. Either way user knows what > kind of code will be generated. He/she will pick ABI conforming or > compatible him/herself, like > > -mabi=compatible > -mabi=conforming Here is the patch for gcc 3.3. H.J.
Attachment:
gcc-3.3-x86-64-abi-1.patch
Description: Text document
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |