This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RTL] Generation?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: 王 逸 <cnnjuwy at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 May 2004 10:53:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RTL] Generation?
- References: <Sea1-F144MXNwjFWFQE0000c04e@hotmail.com>
王 逸 <email@example.com> writes:
> The GCC internals said that:
> The source files for RTL generation include stmt.c, calls.c, expr.c,
> explow.c, expmed.c, function.c, optabs.c and emit-rtl.c. Also, the
> file insn-emit.c, generated from the machine description by the
> program genemit, is used in this pass. The header file expr.h is used
> for communication within this pass. But I'd like to know where is the
> RTL generator's entry, and I would like to debug cc1 to trace the RTL
> generation progress, but first of all, I need to locate the breakpoint.
In the current gcc sources, look at tree_rest_of_compilation() in
tree-optimize.c. It calls functions which generate RTL from trees.
However, much of the compiler internals will be changing shortly when
the tree-ssa branch is merged in.