Re: [tree-ssa] Regressions vs mainline (2004-05-07)

On Fri, 07 May 2004 16:12:05 -0400, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> wrote:

>> 	 FAIL: g++.dg/parse/stack1.C (test for excess errors)
>>
>>         This one requires an extensive modification to the gimplifier to
>>         avoid deep recursion.  This will have to be fixed after the
>>         merge.

Actually, I think this should be fixed in the front end.  rth's patch
doesn't help C++ because of the SCOPE_STMTs inserted to accommodate
declarations in conditions; if there is no such declaration, the front end
should discard the scope.  This will probably be simpler once the front
ends are converted to generate GENERIC directly (or at least use BIND_EXPR
instead of SCOPE_STMT).  I'm working on that conversion.

Jason