This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -fnon-call-exceptions + -fprofile-arcs on x86
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at act-europe dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 22:19:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: -fnon-call-exceptions + -fprofile-arcs on x86
- References: <409FA77E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >Now to the question: is this fixable in profile.c?
> I don't see how, one of the two edges must be counted. The exceptional
> edge cannot be, because there's no actual flow there. So profile must
> add the incrementing code on the fall through edge.
using safe_insert_insn_on_edge instead of insert_insn_on_edge in
instrument_edges would be a possibility (although of course it is
useless now that the problem no longer occurs).