Re: registering with bugzilla

zack@codesourcery.com (Zack Weinberg)  wrote on 07.05.04 in <873c6b3eh6.fsf@codesourcery.com>:

> Doug McIlroy <doug@galehead.cs.dartmouth.edu> writes:
>
> > Sorry for the adjacent partial letter.  Here's the whole thing:
> >
> > The procedure outlined in the following letter has behaved as
> > a black hole for a good 8 hours--browsers time out trying to
> > reach the cgi.  Conceivably I screwed up by inadvertently
> > using the "cancel" link first instead of the "change password"
> > link, but it timed out, too, so I doubt that it was effective.
>
> The IP address of gcc.gnu.org was changed abruptly this morning[1].
> DNS caches all over the world have not yet caught up, and there may be
> system configuration glitches which have not yet been worked out.  I
> would suggest that you wait until Monday and then try again.

I can only find one address (gcc.gnu.org, sources.redhat.com,
sourceware.org), and that's 12.107.209.250.

And that IP is off the air. Or at least I don't come farther than AT&T's
router 12.119.93.62.

So ...

> [1] See announcement and discussion at
> <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/overseers/2004-q2/msg00209.html>.

... this link isn't helpful right now.

Then again, I expect nobody will see this mail until it is no longer a
problem ...

MfG Kai