Re: darwin-powerpc compiler/linker problem

On Tuesday, March 23, 2004, at 11:48 AM, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to compile a large Ada application with macada.org GCC
3.3-apple based GNAT and with 3.5. In both cases I managed to compile
the software, but at link time I get piles of linker message like
the following:

ld: xxx.o relocation overflow for relocation entry 587 in section
(__TEXT,__text) (displacement too large)

I tried -fno-common, -mminimal-toc, -fPIC (all found via google) and
various other combinations but without success. Small programs
or ACATS have no problem compiling, linking and running (-fno-common
needed with 3.5 though).

Any idea of what to try?

Source code mods to avoid large arrays is the usual work around as I recall.

[ I hope I'm not confusing with another problem that looks like this one... ]