Re: darwin-powerpc compiler/linker problem

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 21:49, Mike Stump wrote:
> > Any idea of what to try?
>
> Source code mods to avoid large arrays is the usual work around as I
> recall.

You mean static/global arrays? Otherwise our software is full
of large heap allocated arrays so it's hopeless :). We have
some dynamic sized on the stack too (but not that much
since it doesn't work when stack size is limited).

I don't believe we have large static/global arrays
(our software is routinely used as a thread safe library
by multi threaded programs on various platforms and we do
no locking).

I'll double check, but since we got linker complaints
about neatly all of our object files I doubt I'll
find something in the area (at most one or two source files
could have some constant static arrays).

May be GNAT is generating some things in our back though.

Any idea on how to get more precise information about
what the linker calls an "entry"?

Laurent