This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: GCC viciously beaten by ICC in trig test!


Paolo Carlini wrote:
I don't have ready at hand tree-ssa but I have lno-branch and the below
are my numbers (P4-2400)

(-O2 -std=c99 -fomit-frame-pointer -ftree-loop-optimize -fscalar-evolutions
-funroll-loops)

Hmm... I haven't tried the lno-branch compiler. Lord knows, there aren't enough versions of GCC on my system already (12 at last count). I *am* looking forward to vectorization.

According to the GCC docs, -ftree-loop-optimize is enabled at -O and
higher. I'm not familiar with -fscalar-evolutions.

--
Scott Robert Ladd
Coyote Gulch Productions (http://www.coyotegulch.com)
Software Invention for High-Performance Computing



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]