This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ tree-ssa] PRE problem
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:06:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ tree-ssa] PRE problem
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <1077306967.3169.181.camel@localhost.localdomain>, Diego Novillo wri
tes:
>On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:47, law@redhat.com wrote:
>> In message <1077304036.3169.162.camel@localhost.localdomain>, Diego Novillo
> wri
>> tes:
>> >
>> >See if this (untested) patch fixes your problem. We were not calling
>> >propagate_value in generate_expr_as_of_bb. This fixes PR14153, but I
>> >haven't checked other places in PRE where we may be doing the same.
>> I think something like this is what we need:
>>
>So, essentially add the may_propagate_copy to PRE? Sure.
>
>I assume that the zillion aborts where in conjunction with your current
>patch?
I'm pretty sure it did not include my patch. Though my patch certainly
would tend to expose more of these kinds of problems as it allows us to
do more const/copy propagation (and yes, it uses may_propagate_copy and
propagate_value in he usual ways).
>I'm currently bootstrapping with the patch I sent earlier and
>the compiler has bootstrapped and I'm well into libjava with no errors.
Has it built libstdc++? That was where I saw the aborts.
jeff