This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Complicated dg test cases


Janis Johnson <janis187@us.ibm.com> wrote:
Several months ago, or maybe more than a year ago, I submitted a patch
for the binary compatibility tests in gcc.dg/compat and g++dg/compat to
builds pieces of a test into shared objects and static archives as well
as relocatable object files.  It wasn't reviewed and I got sidetracked.
There are lots of problems that could be discovered with tests like
that.  ...  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-10/msg01332.html.
It handles shared objects, not static archives, but the same sort of
thing could be done.  Combinations object types (.o, .a, and .so) for
the pieces of a test might also be useful.

Oooh, thanks. I needed something like that to submit a testcase for the "warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `__movstr_i4_even' are not defined" problem described in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-01/msg00224.html I'll see if I can try out your patch and submit a testcase using it before 3.4 is frozen...

- Dan


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]