This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "Documentation by paper"
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>,Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:49:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: "Documentation by paper"
- References: <200401271912.i0RJCN2J018928@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
IMHO that's actually a huge long term liability as it actually discourages
writing good API interfaces and documenting them, while at the same time
encourages developers to actually look at the implementation to determine
if the code in question actually does what they want.
There is a *big* difference between looking at interface comments in
a header and looking at the implementation!