This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Cannot bootstrap Ada in gcc-ss-3.3-20040126 when usinggcc3.4.0-20040126 as a bootstrap compiler
- From: Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity dot com>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:52:52 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Cannot bootstrap Ada in gcc-ss-3.3-20040126 when usinggcc3.4.0-20040126 as a bootstrap compiler
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > if this is already known or well known situation, please excuse me, but
> > bootstrap of gcc-ss-3.3-20040126 with C++ and Ada languages enabled and
> > when gcc3.4.0-20040126 is used as a bootstrap compiler fails with:
> Right, this is not a supported combination: you need an older (or equal)
> version of GNAT to bootstrap GNAT.
Thanks for the clarification.
> Note that GCC 3.3 contains a pretty bad Ada compiler (possibly
> worse than 3.2 which was not very good either), so it is not recommended
> to use it for anything else than bootstrapping newer versions as
> far as Ada is concerned.
Is GCC 3.3 Ada even worser than gnat3.14p, which is based on gcc2.8.1 at
least in Debian GNU/Linux 3.0? I mean from implemented language feature
point of view.
Karel Gardas email@example.com
ObjectSecurity Ltd. http://www.objectsecurity.com