This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC's hardware requirements - Where is the freedom? [was: Re: gcc 3.5 integration branch proposal]
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Bernd Jendrissek <berndj at prism dot co dot za>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Matthias Benkmann <msb at winterdrache dot de>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:38:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC's hardware requirements - Where is the freedom? [was: Re: gcc 3.5 integration branch proposal]
On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 01:19 AM, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
When I start FSF South Africa in 400 years, do you want me to tell the
kids in Khayelitsha's (a shanty town on the outskirts of Cape Town,
suffice it to say that people there are, er, poor) schools that they
must just get themselves a 17THz 800EB machine themselves
I am sorry, but a machine of that power will be required in 20 year for
the CPU and 46 years for the RAM, not 400 years...