Re: povray: Revised numbers

On Jan 20, 2004, at 3:36 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 21:31, Daniel Berlin wrote:
One of the reasons i haven't requested that points-to be turned on by
default is that it won't have a performance impact until i've finished
the aforementioned code.

It would give you some testing input though.

Yeah, but so does the bootstrap and regression test.
:)
It might stop people from breaking it every third week by slightly changing GIMPLE predicates and whatnot (so we get operations we never had to handle before), but then they'd just ask me to fix it anyway.

Hey, i'm all for turning it on by default, don't get me wrong, I just don't see it doing anything for the majority of cases yet. But if people are okay with that, ...