This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 04 18:17:23 EST
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
But any alias/loop optimization cannot really be done on targets like
IA64 with almost no offset. The IA64 has only room for a zero offset,
every thing is done in index form.
That doesn't matter. You'd figure out the GIV offset from all the
computations in RTL. We do that now.