This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building GCC with native Solaris ld fails
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:30:00 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Building GCC with native Solaris ld fails
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > No problem for me on Solaris 2.5.1, 2.6, 7, 8 and 9 two days ago. And I
> > haven't seen any report like yours in the bug database.
> > What is your exact configuration (OS, as, ld)?
> SunOS nunki 5.9 Generic_112233-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
> as: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 Compiler Common 6.2 Solaris_9_CBE 2001/04/02
> ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.9-1.377
> ./configure --prefix=... --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,java --disable-checking
FYI, I could not reproduce this on a new build (I usually use GNU binutils
on Solaris though). But I only have Solaris 8.
Or perhaps it succeeds anyway if you have enough swap. I have about
Note that the Solaris kernel supports absurdly long command lines
(~390KB), so you may not be getting incremental linking at all.
Is there a PR open for the libgcj.so link (big, slow, etc.)? I don't