This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann at ics dot uci dot edu>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:57:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- References: <10401191419.AA28304@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Kenner) writes:
> Instead, I think the tree-ssa folks should implement several new
> optimizers that rely on higher-level information to show the utility of the
> new infrastucture and should produce test cases (preferably in C) that
> show the success of those optimizers. I think that's both an easier and
> more relevant standard.
Here one such example, a testcase from the testsuite that works
due to the SRA implementation. This is just one example, probably
more can be constructed easily.
All the tests in the above file pass on the tree-ssa branch.
At most 2 of the tests pass on any of the following compilers:
Intel-8.0, PGI-5.0-2, SUN Forte-7, MS-VisualC-6, DEC cc and HPPA cc
(whatever versions are installed on testdrive.hp.com).