This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Floating point registers vs. LOAD_EXTEND_OP on alpha
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Jan 04 15:44:27 EST
- Subject: Re: Floating point registers vs. LOAD_EXTEND_OP on alpha
What we need to do is run some benchmarks and decide if LOAD_EXTEND_OP
should be removed, or (much more likely) we remove (or obfuscate) the
bits that claims that we can load SImode values into FP registers.
I'd very strongly recommend the latter. I've seens lots of other problems
with SImode in FP.