This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Optimisation options turned on at a certain level
- From: jgrant at reflectionsinteractive dot com
- To: ian at wasabisystems dot com, jgrant at reflectionsinteractive dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:28:11 -0000
- Subject: RE: Optimisation options turned on at a certain level
Thanks for the info.
> > Could this be added the documentation? so its clear exactly what is
> > being done by which options are being passed.
> My two comments are:
> 1) Documentation patches are always welcome.
I noticed the info gcc pages were in some ways more detailed, for instance
this optimisation page:
Are the gcc online manual documents maintained by different people from the
gcc info pages? Perhaps some aspects could be combined.
> 2) But note that the precise meaning of the optimization levels
> changes for different architectures. See the OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS
> macro as defined in various gcc/config/*/*.h files.
Ok, am doing. Thank you for the direction.