This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
[new-ra] Development status?
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:13:50 +0100
- Subject: [new-ra] Development status?
Hello,
what's the development status for new-ra? How does it look like right now? Does
it improve compile-time or code generation? On which platforms? This has been
also discussed several times on IRC with mixed results, so I would like to get
a complete status report for it. The point has been brought up in the tree-ssa
discussion as well.
I would also like to ask why there is an active development branch for new-ra.
We have a few bug reports in bugzilla which are against the mainline version
(-fnew-ra), which looks like to be outdated. Can the development be done on the
mainline directly? Can the latest version be merged to the 3.4 branch &
mainline? Also, we never consider *any* new-ra bug as regressions since it's an
experimental switch for 3.4, so I guess changes can be committed there freely,
without the "regression-only" policy.
Thanks!
Giovanni Bajo