This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: GC allocating everything with a type, part 1
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,geoffk at apple dot com,zack at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:35:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFC: GC allocating everything with a type, part 1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The next steps from here would be:
o Figure out how to deal with the GTY param_is attribute.
o Replace all ggc_alloc calls with a use of the proper define,
so that we know the type code for everything we allocate with
the GC alloctors.
o Hack gengtype some more to write out an array of marker
functions that can be called by typecode index.
o Implement better GC strategies?
This was bootstrapped just to make sure it works. Before going on to
the next step, I'd like to hear from people what they think of this
I like it a lot, even though i can't approve it.
It's a cleaner version of what i had in a tree earlier and was going to
get back to eventually.