This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 06:43:32 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
> Perhaps you could provide details of where you 2 or 3% comes from?
My apologies. The two URLs given in your posting do indeed show
GCC 3.3 only about 6% behind Intel 7.0, with aggressive optimizations.
Indeed, this is a much fairer comparison than the "apples-and-oranges"
results linked from Andreas' site.
Clearly the situation is not as grim as I'd believed.