This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 04 08:35:15 EST
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline
Realistically, if we are going to make tree-ssa a complete non-starter
because the Ada front-end isn't going to work and its maintainers are
not showing any willingness to put forth the effort to make it work
with already existing infrastructure, then, well, why bother with
tree-ssa at all.
I've seen *nobody* from the Ada community advocating that. Indeed both
Robert and I feel strongly that Ada's being behind should not be a relevant
criteria for tree-ssa inclusion. So you have a strawman here.