This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.5 integration branch created
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Caroline Tice <ctice at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:18:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: 3.5 integration branch created
- References: <F31EE8E4-462E-11D8-9DF9-000A95B1F520@apple.com>
Your proposal announcement read:
> Any objections to this proposal? If not, I'll create the branch in the
> next few days.
People objected. The discussion is still ongoing. If you're going to
ignore the objections and go ahead regardless, please just say so in the
first place, so we won't waste our time writing up the objections.
I would therefore like to posit that computing's central challenge, viz. "How
not to make a mess of it," has /not/ been met.
- Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002