This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.5 integration branch created
- From: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- To: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>,"'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Caroline Tice <ctice at apple dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:46:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: 3.5 integration branch created
- References: <F31EE8E4-462E-11D8-9DF9-000A95B1F520@apple.com>
On Wednesday 14 January 2004 02:14, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
> I have created the gcc-3.5-integration-branch. It is similar in some
> ways to the 'basic-improvement' branch in the GCC 3.4 timeframe, but
> has some significant differences. The rules for the branch are:
> 1. This branch is for fully-tested, approved patches.
Approved by whom? That is important for...
> 2. The intention is that immediately after GCC 3.4 branches, this
> branch will be merged back to mainline.
... because you probably don't want to go through mainline
approval all over again for every bit you merge from the branch.