This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: "generic" vectorization?
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: Falk Hueffner <falk dot hueffner at student dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:37:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: "generic" vectorization?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jan 2, 2004, at 2:19 PM, Falk Hueffner wrote:
I was just wondering about vectorization for platforms without proper
vector instructions like Alpha. Sometimes, vectorization could still
be a noticeable win, for example transforming
Does this seem like a good idea? Are there other targets which would
profit from it?
Yes, most RISCs, but you have to watch out for alignment.