This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Scalar analyzer dependent on DCE2?
- From: Pop Sébastian <pop at gauvain dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:29:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Scalar analyzer dependent on DCE2?
- References: <477D2C49-3D79-11D8-8BAF-000A95DA505C@dberlin.org>
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 06:13:30PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> in tree-optimize.c, you have:
> /* Do a second DCE pass. */
> if (flag_tree_dce)
> tree_ssa_dce (fndecl, TDI_dce_2);
> ggc_collect ();
> if (flag_scalar_evolutions || flag_tree_vectorize)
> That means, if flag_tree_dce is false, we never run the
> vectorizer/scalar analyzer.
> Is this what you really meant, or did you forget a } after the
You're right, the scalar analyzer is not dependent on DCE2.
Seems like a merge bug ;)
I have to fix the previous patch that didn't applied correctly,
and then I'll fix this one. For now I'm bootstrapping.