Re: malloc attributes and realloc

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Yes, that use is rather marginal in my experience and is rather
involved -- when done correctly.  But nobody knows what C programmers
do.

Well we only pay attention to "what C programmers do" to a limited extent. Our primary semantic guide for correct translation is indeed
the standard, and not the expectations of all possible C programmers.
This of course is not absolute, there are some cases where we know that
expectations outside the standard are strong enough that it makes sense
to meet them even though the standard says we don't have to.

And I don't know how that impacts on the aliasing algorithm.

And that of course is indeed the critical focus of the discussion!