Re: DWARF: C++ namespace support

I never got a chance to update it for the current CVS head.

Would it be possible for you to get it in 3.4 before door closes?

Errr, part of it was approved ages ago (the basic support for generating namespace dies), i was just waiting for gdb to commit it.
But if we are going to do it, we should probably do it right and submit it all at once.

Or is it already too late ? Thanks.

Full namespace support will require moving some trees from C++ specific to common, or other magic to deal with the trees that can appear in USING_STMT and whatnot that we need to be able to deal with.

So far I've managed to get 'using declaration' support without tree movements.

Well, how do you deal with USING_STMT's that contain OVERLOAD trees (or were those appearing in USING_DECL or something, i can't remember.)

It's possible these issues are moot, this patch was originally worked on before the new C++ parser came into being.

I have tested sample programs only until now. Once I build libstdc++, I'll know
more about my approach.

--
Devang