Re: Can't build gcc cvs HEAD on cygwin: libjava/prims.cc:145: error:overloaded function with no contextual type information

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>> Given that this patch apparently was not properly tested at all,
> This is a bit extreme. I cleanstrapped the patch in a tree which
> had --enable-languages=c,c++, so I didn't notice libgcj was not being build.

It may sound a bit extreme, and I am fully aware that (way too) many of
the other GCC developers do not perform full tests either.

OTOH, I just noticed that http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#testing is
not fully up-to-date, so following the instructions there literally you
would not have noticed the problem, either!

> My apologies for the breakage, the patch is now reverted so everything
> should be back in place.

Well, I hope we can put your improvement back, once the reason for the
libjava bootstrap has been found. :-)

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/