Re: Precompiled headers

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:34:59 -0800 Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, November 8, 2003, at 04:41 AM, Robert Vazan wrote:
> > Can your code answer the question whether given object file will
> > change after rebuild without actually rebuilding it?
>
> They change.

Of course they don't change, short of time stamp. Assuming gcc doesn't use
random number generator.

> No, you don't have to wait, but use it (the compile server) as a
> starting point.  See how well it works, see what problems you find,
> report on the results you see, including the bugs.  Try your hand at
> fixing the easier ones that you find.

I will be happy to test it. Although you said just a while back in October
that a lot of work must be done before testing is most useful.

> If you want pointers into what needs doing, see below.

I have a broader plan that goes beyond gcc and I think I better invest time
into areas that nobody works on yet. I just wanted to avoid duplicate work,
which I have mostly accomplished. I can look into it again when compile
server project cools down.