This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Specifying VPF instructions for ARM?
- From: Jeff Gold <jgold at us dot ncipher dot com>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:48:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Specifying VPF instructions for ARM?
- Organization: nCipher, Ltd.
- References: <200311051924.hA5JOgf32038@pc960.cambridge.arm.com>
Richard Earnshaw wrote:
You didn't name the object files that were actually causing the problem,
so I'm assuming that the ones reported included at least one that was
compiled when gcc was being built. If not, then was one of them an
assembly file (and did you use -mcpu=strongarm with that, too)?
This appears to be the problem. The build system I'm using was passing
"-mxscale" to the assembler, which seems to be roughly equivalent to
"-mcpu=xscale" for the compiler. My guess is that 2.9 GCC was willing
to accept mismatched floating point markings and that more recent
versions corrected that. No doubt I've just been lucky that the
assembler chose not to generate any XScale specific code. When I
changed the build scripts to use "-mstrongarm" and recompiled the
libraries I was able to link sucessfully.
Thank you for your assistance.
Jeff