Re: source code database

> Hi Mathieu, the Ada front-end dumps such cross-reference information
> when compiling into ".ali" text files that are created at the same times
> as object files. The emacs Ada mode and any IDE (may be the GPS IDE uses
> it) or tool (like gnatxrfef) can easily access this information and
> provide navigation or translation of sources in another format like
> HTML.

That's right, GPS uses the ali files, and would certainly be able to leverage
on similar info produced for other languages supported by GCC.

Currently we're using the parsers from SourceNavigator to provide source
navigation for C/C++, but clearly this approach only provides approximate
information, while GCC could provide accurate info (including handling
of overloading in C++, templates, macros, ...)

If you're interested, have a look at http://libre.act-europe.fr/gps

Arno