Re: Incomplete TREE_CONSTANT-propagation in build() ?

Ziemowit Laski <zlaski@apple.com> writes:

| P.S.  For the morbidly curious, I'm working on Motorola-style AltiVec
| support in the 3.4 tree, and I really need compound expressions like
| '(1, 2, 3, 4)' to be marked TREE_CONSTANT. :-)

Why don't you use VECTOR_CST?

A compound expression is NEVER a constant expression EVEN if its
operands are all constant expressions.

Having said that, I'm not sure I'm morbidly curious; but certainly I
have interest in this area since I have a proposal to extend the
notion of constant expression to include calls to simple inline
functions with constant expressions args.

-- Gaby