This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this a bug in libffi testsuite on solaris2.8?
- From: Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- To: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:13:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Is this a bug in libffi testsuite on solaris2.8?
- References: <E0F025DA-0B19-11D8-8802-003065B239F6@math.purdue.edu>
Bradley Lucier wrote:
My systems administrators told me they are getting the following in in
/var/adm/messages on the sparc-sun-solaris2.8 box I use to bootstrap and
regression-test mainline every night:
Oct 30 04:58:37 banach.math.purdue.edu genunix: [ID 533030 kern.notice]
NOTICE: unwindtest.exe attempt to execute code on stack by uid <xxx>
and I happen to be the lucky owner of uid <xxx>. The unwindtest.cc
tests pass on libffi, but is this a bug in the testsuite, a bogus
warning, or something else?
I'll put it on my 'to investigate' list. Last time I saw this was ten
days ago, and then another 30 days ago. It's on a sol9 box with a 32 bit
compiler. I daily bootstrap and regtest.
I should anyway complete the libffi for solaris :( But I spent a few
hours on hppa now.
Thanks for the hint.