Re: compile server status?

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 12:53 AM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
Per is working on detangling dup_decls so that we don't modify the old
decl.  This will be really handy for C++ fragment management.  Per and

This would be very helpfull for unit-at-a-time code as well. Would be
possible to make this go into mainline soon? (well perhaps into tree-ssa
branch)

I'd encourage anyone that wants to see any of the technology for other reasons to migrate what they want into 3.5. The srcloc_t (or whatever we call it) is an example of something that I think is good regardless of other issues. I must admit that I don't see the use of it in your case. Could you say a few words so that Per and I can ensure that it dove tails nicely. I can't really push for it sooner, as I don't have a firm grasp of why it would be good to have now. With the compile server it will be used to prevent the migration of information from one translation unit to another unrelated translation unit. The canonical example for C++ would be:

bar.h:
void foo();

ba.h:
void foo() { ba(); }

bai.h:
void foo() { bai(); }

and the two units:

#include "b.h"
#include "ba.h"

and

#include "b.h"
#include "bai.h"

Now, personally, I'd like this to just be an error, but the language standard allows it.

Thanks.