Re: [tree-ssa] Bootstrap failure on alpha

Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz> writes:

>> Jan,
>>
>> One of these two patches introduced a bootstrap regression in alpha.
>> -Werror is triggered for the stage1 compiler when building cppcharset.c
>
> This is the same problem as in other two warnings.  The function
> one_utf8_to_cppchar takes s as reference.  This used to count as
> initialization, but now we inline the function and we realize that there
> is path trought the function not initializing s.  I will commit the
> patch to iniitialize s to 0 as obivous to both mainline and branch as we
> did for the other case.

The warning is spurious -- if one_utf8_to_cppchar returns 0 then s has
been initialized; if it returns any other value, s is not used.  I
have no objection to adding the default initialization, but you might
want to think about making the warning more accurate.

zw