This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Bootstrap failure on alpha
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:08:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Bootstrap failure on alpha
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> One of these two patches introduced a bootstrap regression in alpha.
> -Werror is triggered for the stage1 compiler when building cppcharset.c
This is the same problem as in other two warnings. The function
one_utf8_to_cppchar takes s as reference. This used to count as
initialization, but now we inline the function and we realize that there
is path trought the function not initializing s. I will commit the
patch to iniitialize s to 0 as obivous to both mainline and branch as we
did for the other case.