This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: No basic improvements branch for 3.5 - work on tree-ssa


On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:30:32PM +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > There's no question of tree-ssa not making 3.5, we would delay
> > 3.5 until it does make it as far as I'm concerned.  tree-ssa is the
> > only hope I can see that GCC will ever be able to fix a critical failing
> > that produces inferior C++ code.  Without it, there's no point to a 3.5
> > release.
> 
> Let's please keep things in perspective here: there are many other languages
> besides C++ in GCC.

I would expect that the GCC problems I refer to hurt performance of all
languages that use struct/record types.

Other languages will benefit from tree-ssa even more, and front ends will
be easier to write.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]