This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: No basic improvements branch for 3.5 - work on tree-ssa
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, aoliva at redhat dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:30:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: No basic improvements branch for 3.5 - work on tree-ssa
- References: <10310230257.AA14264@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <20031023092323.C25316@synopsys.com>
> There's no question of tree-ssa not making 3.5, we would delay
> 3.5 until it does make it as far as I'm concerned. tree-ssa is the
> only hope I can see that GCC will ever be able to fix a critical failing
> that produces inferior C++ code. Without it, there's no point to a 3.5
Let's please keep things in perspective here: there are many other languages
besides C++ in GCC.
Not everyone is using C++, so there can be lots of good reasons for
making a 3.5 release.