This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
still stuck on RTL...
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wilson <jonwil at tpgi dot com dot au>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:32:36 +0100
- Subject: still stuck on RTL...
- References: <3F973481.9010103@tpgi.com.au>
Jonathan Wilson writes:
> I am still 100% stuck.
> I have read and re-read all the documentation, code and etc.
> Tried all the dumps and debugging stuff, that didnt help either.
>
> and I still cant figure out how do even something as simple as
> move somreg, dword ptr ds:__tls_index
>
> Given that __tls_index isnt referenced anywhere else by the code itself, do
> I need to tell GCC about the symbol before I reference it? (so it goes into
> the externs table)?
You'll have to make a decl for it, and reference that decl in the RTL.
> Examples of simple RTL plus the matching machine code will help here.
> None of the examples I can find (in i386.c for example) are simple. And
> none of them have any indication as to what the matching machine code does.
>
> Stop telling me to go read the documentation and code,
That's what everyone else here did. Why are you any different?
Andrew.