Re: Any plan for rewriting loop.c using cfgloop.c

> Hi,
> Is there any plan for rewriting the loop optimization code in loop.c
> using the new loop infrastructure in cfgloop.c? I find current loop
> optimization in loop.c can be largely improved if using the code in
> cfgloop.c.

Yes, loop unrolling is already replaced in mainline (and does loop
unswitching and peeling too).  Rest of loop optimizer is going to be
more dificult as many of transformations are better done on higher level
IL than RTL is and thus they are planned on new tree-ssa representation.
In general loop optimizer needs a lot of work :)

Honza