This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Any plan for rewriting loop.c using cfgloop.c
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: hubicka at ucw dot cz
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 03 19:57:06 EDT
- Subject: Re: Any plan for rewriting loop.c using cfgloop.c
Rest of loop optimizer is going to be more dificult as many of
transformations are better done on higher level IL than RTL is
I will take this opportunity to state again that I *strongly* disagree
with that statement. Many of the transformation can't be done until
the RTL level because knowing what to do requires detailed knowlege
of the available instructions.