Re: MIPS port in CVS HEAD?

At Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:41:09 +0200, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Sam, den 18.10.2003 schrieb cgd@broadcom.com um 21:13:
>
> > How did you check it out,
>
> Like one checks out the HEAD of a CVS repository:
>
> cvs co gcc

into a fresh location?  (i.e., no previous checkout?)

(it's not a stupid question; the symptoms you describe, to me, say
"something very very broken in your source tree.")

I assume your source tree is otherwise unmodified?

> >  how did you configure it, etc.?
>
> Exactly like I do with gcc 3.2.3 for instance (which also has build
> troubles BTW but works with a few smaller tweaks). The target is mipsel
> so, the prefix /opt/mipsel:
> - I build and install binutils (2.14.90.0.6) as crosstools
> - I prepare the kernel sources for the target and copy the include files
>   over to the prefix
> - ../gcc/configure --prefix=/opt/mipsel/ --with-newlib --target=mipsel-linux --disable-nls --disable-threads

Well, for one, I don't believe that newlib is supported from
mips*-linux, but that wouldn't cause most of the problems you're
seeing.

looks like that's a not-in-source-tree build.  good.  (I assume that
"../gcc/configure" is the top-level configure file.)

you're using GNU make, right?

you've got me.

if you post some of the actual output from failing commands, maybe
somebody will be able to help more, but really, this doesn't sound
like anything i've seen...

cgd